PDA

View Full Version : Posts: Activity Stats

paulvev
31-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Thought i would explain a little more about the coloured "Activity Statistics" at the right hand side of people's posts, including your own! This is the little coloured block os stats to the left of posts under your avatars.

Activity Stats are shown as:
Activity
Longevity
Today
Activity - This is shown on a scale of the last 4 weeks. You are active for doing something, which could include just logging in, playing a game, posting or reading (whilst logged in). If you logged in every day for the last 4 weeks, then you would have 100% activity (this is the first day of this site Aug 30th, so activity stats will be small at the moment)

Longevity - This is shown on a scale since the site launched (or began testing). You should see it going up and up the longer you are a member here.

Today - Is split into 7 little bars. The first green bar is awarded if you log in during any 24 hour period. The other yellow little bars are awarded up to 6 posts per day. You can make more or less posts, and the only purpose of the "Today" stat is to show others how active somebody has been during that day. It isnt linked to Ammo or indeed any other award here.

Posts - Self explanatory. The total number of posts you have made since you joined.

You can click "Stats" at the top left of the forum in the menu to see the total activity of all regsitered members. Thanks.

Ball & Chain
02-09-2008, 08:30 AM
I was quite surprised and 'pleased' with the ability we have of pressing on that little "Top 5 Stats" with the drop down menu, bottom left of the Forum, you can press on say View 50 and you get an awesome view of all the Stats going down the Top 50, it makes for very interesting reading and is an easy way to see instantly the last 50 Posts also you have missed...

I keep saying it, but this Forum really is Member friendly! by going Premium (the price of a Pint of Beer in Norway!!!) a new World and further marketing possibilities open up for you...

Nice One Paul, and I still think there must be more than the one "Paul Veverka" behind the scenes :suspicious:

Stevet
02-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi Paul

In the stats section next members % it says (20 days to 100%) what does this mean

Odyssey
02-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Steve, I'm surprised at you - I thought you were a Moderator and knew all the answers :wondering: :laugh:
I've actual wonder what that meant as well

Hi Paul

In the stats section next members % it says (20 days to 100%) what does this mean

Al, I think you might be right - there just has to be 2 Paul V's to do as good a job of this as we have :laugh:

By the way, I did see your comment about the South Africans THRASHING the Ossies - they will be hurting from that all right..!

Ball & Chain
02-09-2008, 10:10 AM
It's a burning question of mine also! thought it was just me who couldn't understand the % to completion so stayed Schtuum!

Yep Dave, I am really looking forward to the Match, is it on Saturday? if so, I'll have to find something to keep Jamie occupied as the other half is on a 24 hour shift at the Hospital.... Well, at least that is what she tells me she is on! :laugh:

Odyssey
02-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Saturday week in Brisbane
You will have to get Jamie educated in a "Man's" game

Stevet
02-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Steve, I'm surprised at you - I thought you were a Moderator and knew all the answers :wondering: :laugh:
I've actual wonder what that meant as well

Hi Dave

I am good but i am not that good:bigsmile:yet.

Knowledge comes with age, but i think i will be to old learn anything else, before i learn all i want to:sad:

Ball & Chain
02-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Dave is that the same as 'A Week Saturday' i.e. not this Saturday but the following Saturday the 13th?

paulvev
02-09-2008, 10:47 PM
20 days to 100%.

That statistic means that in 20 days time, if you continued to be as active as you currently are on the forum, you would have 100% activity in your stats at the side of your posts.

NikGrey
03-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Don't be so hard on Steve for not knowing something here, I am getting my head around this also.

There is so much going on at the moment sleep is seldom, certainly here!

I did wonder about this subject too, like - how on earth can we get to 100% if we weren't in on day One... especially since Steve and I were in a few days before day One!

paulvev
03-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Activity is rolling for the last 30 days. As time goes by, and if you continue to be active here, your activity stats will show full 100% by being here for 30 days. If you went away for one week and came back, it may have dropped to 3/4 and so on. As mentioned before, it doesnt mean much in particular, just lets others see how active you are here.

SooP
03-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Knowledge comes with age, but i think i will be to old learn anything else, before i learn all i want to:sad:

lol when i am getting up at 530 am so that I can do a little of my own work before my "real job" i think i have already reached Steve's quote above .... I feel about 120 today! oh what I would have done for another 2 hours sleep!

But on the positive side one day I will not have to do this as my networking income 's will have well exceeded my J.O.B. and I will probably start to feel like I am 100 years younger again:bigsmile: