PDA

View Full Version : MLMcore soon moving servers

paulvev
06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm posting a little advance notification to say that towards the end of the month, MLMcore will be moving hosting. This site is currently being hosted on somebody elses server, so i'll soon be transferring it to my own (similar speed) hosting using the same company.

Theres bound to be a little disruption , so please be patient.

In advance of this, theres a few things you could do to help make this transition a little quicker.

a) Delete your inbox and sent PMs (or as many as you can that you wont need again).
b) Delete any photos you have in your picture gallery that you dont need.
c) Delete any groups in Social Groups here that are redundant or not used.

I'll be updating you guys loads about the server swap with plenty of notice of any disruption. At the very least the site is probably going to be down for 72 hours towards the end of the month. Hopefully i'll have some temporary space for you all to hang out on!

Meantime, i'm due to be working in Tiree from 15th - 19th. I'll be using that time also to prune some redundant threads, tidy up the forum, consolidate the database and to extend coverage to the current moderators, so they can effectively deal with the recent spate of spammers. A harsh stance will be taken with immediate bans in effect for anybody joining , then spamming. It's the only way to stop bots. Thanks for your attention to this post.

paulvev
13-06-2010, 08:36 PM
My attention turns back to this thread, as i still plan on moving MLMcore back to my own fully owned server. This will happen over the Summertime, hopefully withi minimal disruption to the site.

Could everybody please:
a) Delete your inbox and sent PMs (or as many as you can that you wont need again).
b) Delete any photos you have in your picture gallery that you dont need.
c) Delete any groups in Social Groups here that are redundant or not used.

Your attention to this will make the transition and my work easier. Thanks.